City & Guilds 2396 ELECTRICAL Design & Verification COURSE
Why take the City & Guilds 2396 ELECTRICAL Design & Verification COURSE Course?
If you are looking to develop your skills and keep up to date with requirements this course is for you. This 5-day course will provide you with all the necessary information and knowledge to design and erect an electrical installation, with the focus being on cable sizing and management, taking account of environmental influences, routing, and suitability for purpose. This five-day level 4 is designed for anyone involved in or wishing to become involved in, the design, construction, and verification of electrical systems. It is also a nationally recognised benchmark qualification for companies seeking a qualified manager and a natural progression for anyone who already holds the City & Guilds 2391-52.
This is the most up to date and advanced electrical design course available. This Level 4 City & Guilds 2396 qualification is intended for experienced personnel working in the electrical industry.
City & Guilds 2396 Course Entry Requirements
Candidates should be experienced in electrical installation and ideally hold one of the following inspection & testing qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2391-10 Inspection & Testing Course (Discontinued) or
- City & Guilds 2394 Initial Verification & Certification Course or
- City & Guilds 2395 Period Inspection & Testing Course
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course
It is also strongly recommended that candidates have achieved the City & Guilds 2382 or similar qualifications which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the 18th Edition.
This course has an age restriction of 18 years and older.
City & Guilds 2396 Course Content
The course is theory-based and consists of classroom-based teaching run 5 days in a row. Following the course, you will work on a set assignment which you will review with your assessor after your course. The 2396 course teaches you the invaluable skills to design and scope electrical installations. Course content includes:
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical installation design, construction management, and verification
- The electrical installation design, construction, and commissioning process
- BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
- Design and verification procedures for single and polyphase electrical installations
- Fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- Factors that affect the choice of alternative energy sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
- You will need to prove competence in these subjects via a set assignment and a written exam.
Candidates must complete one assignment estimated to be around 40 hours of work and one written exam which must be taken at a time set by City & Guilds.
Enquire about this course
- +44 2920 789701
If you aren't Local Don't worry
Whether you come from London, Glasgow or even abroad, we can source local accommodation for you.
Our workshops are state of the art and unique, with no other centre providing such extensive practical installation experience like it.
You will carry out your training with qualified and experienced instructors, who will teach you how to become an electrician quickly and efficiently, ensuring you leave us feeling confident and qualified.
Reasons to Train with TrueTech Training
As an Approved Centre, we offer a very high standard of teaching, which is reflected throughout the Centre on all our courses.
Our Tutors pride themselves on their reputation which has been built up on years of delivering training that goes beyond the qualifications. When you book with True Tech Training you can feel confident that you will receive training that not only meets your needs but goes well beyond them.