Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Gas
Why take the Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Gas Course?
The government have set a target of 50 million Smart gas and electric meters to be installed in over 27 million homes
This means energy providers will require many more Smart Meter installers, so this an amazing opportunity for you to start a new career in the Gas & Electrics Industries.
You do not need any specific qualifications to start training as a Smart Meter Installer though some employers may prefer you to have a minimum of four GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
You WILL be required to complete a Basic Disclosure prior to starting any employment.
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a Smart Meter Installer, you will need:
- Ability in maths
- Good practical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent customer care
- The ability to work on your own
- Excellent communication skills to explain how meters work
- Self-motivation and a commitment to your career development
- An awareness of safe working practices
Units Covered by City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Gas
- Working practices in the energy and utility sector
- Working safely in the energy and utility sector
- Using and communicating technical information in the energy and utility sector
- Delivering customer service when working within the energy and utilities sector
- Install and commission communication systems for smart meters
- Applied practices and principles for installing low-pressure natural gas smart meters up to U6 only
- Prepare, install and commission low-pressure natural gas smart meter and regulator up to 6.0m3/hr
- Low-pressure gas smart meter tightness testing and direct purging
- Prepare, install and commission medium pressure natural gas smart meter and regulator up to 6.0 m3/hr
You will learn in the training centre/workshop and on the job in the work environment.
Assessment will also take place in the workplace and will include practical tasks and questioning. Gas units are subject to an ACS (Gas Safe) aligned assessment.
It is also suitable for existing installers who intend to upskill and carry out work in a new industry sector.
Achievement of the Diploma gives training equivalent to CMA1 and MET1 but does not provide a route into other areas within the ACS gas scheme.
Work Placement Activity
Working with new partners we are excited to say every candidate participating in one of our Smart Meter Installer courses will have a 100 % guarantee Mentor and placement to fulfill your portfolio on completion of the course ( This is not a paid placement).
Call 02920 789701 and speak with one of the team to discuss course dates
Enquire about this course
- +44 2920 789701
If you aren't Local Don't worry
Whether you come from London, Glasgow or even abroad, we can source local accommodation for you.
Our workshops are state of the art and unique, with no other centre providing such extensive practical installation experience like it.
You will carry out your training with qualified and experienced instructors, who will teach you how to become an electrician quickly and efficiently, ensuring you leave us feeling confident and qualified.
Reasons to Train with TrueTech Training
As an Approved Centre, we offer a very high standard of teaching, which is reflected throughout the Centre on all our courses.
Our Tutors pride themselves on their reputation which has been built up on years of delivering training that goes beyond the qualifications. When you book with True Tech Training you can feel confident that you will receive training that not only meets your needs but goes well beyond them.