Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Power
Why take the Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Power Course?
The government have set a target of 50 million Smart gas and electric meters to be installed in over 27 million homes.
This means energy providers will require many more Smart Meter installers, so this an amazing opportunity for you to start a new career in the Gas & Electrics Industries.
You do not need any specific qualifications to start training as a Smart Meter Installer though some employers may prefer you to have a minimum of four GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
You WILL be required to complete a Basic Disclosure prior to starting any employment.
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a Smart Meter Installer, you will need:
• Ability in maths
• Good practical skills
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent customer care
• The ability to work on your own
• Excellent communication skills to explain how meters work
• Self-motivation and a commitment to your career development
• An awareness of safe working practices
Units Covered by City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Power
- Working practices in the energy and utility sector
- Working safely in the energy and utility sector
- Using and communicating technical information in the energy and utility sector
- Delivering customer service when working within the energy and utilities sector
- Install and commission communication systems for smart meters
- Install single-phase meter and associated equipment
- Change single-phase meter and associated equipment
- Install multi-phase meter – whole current (new connection)
- Change multi-phase meter – whole current
- Install single-phase meter and associated equipment on multi-phase cut-out (new connection)
- Change single-phase meter and associated equipment on multi-phase cut-outs
You will learn in the training centre/workshop and on the job in the work environment. Assessment will also take place in the workplace and will include practical tasks and questioning.
It is also suitable for existing installers who intend to upskill and carry out work in a new industry sector.
Work Placement Activity
Working with new partners we are excited to say every candidate participating in one of our Smart Meter Installer courses will have a 100 % guarantee Mentor and placement to fulfil your portfolio on completion of the course ( This is not a paid placement).
Call 02920 789701 and speak with one of the team to discuss course dates
Enquire about this course
- +44 2920 789701
If you aren't Local Don't worry
Whether you come from London, Glasgow or even abroad, we can source local accommodation for you.
Our workshops are state of the art and unique, with no other centre providing such extensive practical installation experience like it.
You will carry out your training with qualified and experienced instructors, who will teach you how to become an electrician quickly and efficiently, ensuring you leave us feeling confident and qualified.
Reasons to Train with TrueTech Training
As an Approved Centre, we offer a very high standard of teaching, which is reflected throughout the Centre on all our courses.
Our Tutors pride themselves on their reputation which has been built up on years of delivering training that goes beyond the qualifications. When you book with True Tech Training you can feel confident that you will receive training that not only meets your needs but goes well beyond them.